Your Balanced Life!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Life Balance - one definition

Here's a definition I really like about Life Balance:

“Life Balance is a self-defined, self-determined state of well being that a person can reach, or can set as a goal, that allows them to manage effectively multiple responsibilities at work, at home, and in their community; it supports physical, emotional, family and community health, and does so without grief, stress or negative impact.”
(From www.hrsdc.ca)

I like this definition because it places emphasis on the fact that life balance is self-defined and self-determined. So what I may see as life balance, may be completely different from you. I have found that each coaching client I work with has a completely different definition of what their life in balance looks like.

What does life balance look like to you? Take a few minutes an write down what a balanced life would be like for you.

After you've done this, what do you notice about your description? What's balanced already? What's out of alignment? What is one thing that you can do to celebrate the balance you currently have? What is one thing you can do today to move one area of your life more into balance?

I'd be interseted in hearing from you about what you want to celebrate and what changes you want to make. Drop me an email at the link above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home