Your Balanced Life!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Looking to Declutter?

I attended at fantastic call yesterday with Professional Organizer, Hellen Buttigieg , a professional organizer, life coach and also host of the HGTV show, neat. Hellen is the President of Weorganizeu. She is a phenomenal resource and hosts a fantastic show -- my mother absolutely adores Hellen and couldn't believe that I had spoken to her yesterday.

What's the state of your home and office after the holiday season? Are all those gifts put away? What about your desk?

I know that decluttering is a theme for myself this year (particularly as it relates to office clutter), and a number of my clients are looking to simplify and declutter there own surroundings.

Helen put out a challenge to all of us on the call yesterday to get rid of five things a day for the next month. Imagine what space would be created in all that clearing. I've decided to tackle my office area first, and then we will get to our home here in Toronto...will you join me on this month of decluttering?

Hellen also recommended a couple of good books on the topic of organizing:

Organization from the Inside Out - Julie Morgenstein
Organization for the Creative Person - Dorothy Lehmkuhl

These books are listed at the online bookstore I have set up for Your Balanced Life!, which is in conjunction with Amazon. To visit the online bookstore (AStore) visit: http://astore.amazon.com/yourbalancedlife-20 . I hope that you will find some books of interest. If you can recommend other books that you like, related to work-life balance, planning or organizing, and would like to share these titles with others, please feel free to commment below.

Have a balanced weekend!

Jennifer

Jennifer Britton
Potentials Realized
http://www.potentialsrealized.com and http://www.groupcoachingessentials.com
Email: jennifer[at]potentialsrealized[dot]com
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that is so neat about Hellen B! I would LOVE to meet her or talk to her!

    I am an aspiring professional organizer in BC!

    Great blog!

    By Blogger cathy, at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home