Your Balanced Life!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Work Life Balance Tip: Where Do You Spend Your Time?

I've been doing some coaching work this week with a great group of female business owners and this morning we were talking about time management. Time is a non-renewable resource yet one that we are so often willing to flex on.

Where do you spend your time? The assignment I've given my entrepreneurial divas recently is to track where they are spending their time for a week. It's been a pretty insightful exercise as I saw with another group last week.

What would you discover if you tracked your time? Here's the challenge:
Starting today, take note of where you are spending your time (by minutes) for the next week. Consider tracking along the following categories:
* Recreation
* Travel
* Commute
* Employment/Business
* Family
* Significant Other
* Housework/Yard Work
* Hobbies
* Me Time
* Leisure (Music/TV other)
* Sleep
* Other (feel free to include your own categories)

In total you have 168 hours available. Where is your time going?

I'll follow up with you in about a week here on the blog to ask you some other questions once you've finished your time charting.

Are you ready to take up the time audit challenge? I hope so!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

With best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CHRP, CPCC
Potentials Realized
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960
Email: info{at}potentialsrealized{dot}com

Don't forget that the next 90 Day Your Balanced Life program starts this coming Tuesday (July 17th from 7-8pm EST). For more information and to register click here. I hope that you will join me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home