Your Balanced Life!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Be Gentle with Yourself

Most of June and into the middle of July were a marathon for me - full days of teaching, coaching and also running a number of public and corporate programs. On top of it, my trusty old car, which I had had since grad school (many moons ago) gave signs that it was time to retire her. So on July 15th I became the proud owener of a 2006 Chevy Equinox. It is a fantastic vehicle for all the driving I do between Toronto and Muskoka, and my 14 month old son, loves the space! While I would have normally kept pushing the purchase of the new vehicle off, I had pushed it as far as it could go, and in fact my worries about the old car's condition was causing me more stress than taking the time to purchase a new one.

An hour after the picking up the new vehicle we headed north, for what I've been calling a "working vacation". I had had visions for months that this would be my opportunity to catch up on all the business planning work I never seem to find time for. Well, two weeks into my three week "working vacation" many of my business planning and creative ideas are still in my head, as my holiday has turned into some excellent time playing and exploring with my son, responding to many new registrations for upcoming programs, as well as full of unexpected amazing business opportunities and coverage which I never could have forseen even a couple of weeks ago. Ealier this week I was being hard on myself, thinking that I hadn't accomplished many of the items on my "dream holiday list", but then I realized just how important it was to be spending my time on my what was evolving.

So...the message here - not to put off planning, but to be gentle with yourself, and allow yourself to coast in the flow of life rather than fighting against the current. It's working for me, and when I am able to cocoon myself away for a few short hours to put fingers to keyboard, it's amazing what's coming out!

Have a fantastic weekend,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton
Potentials Realized

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home