Your Balanced Life!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Work Life Balance Tip #5 - Envision What's Possible


Work Life Balance Tip # 5 - Envision What's Possible
Copyright 2006 - Jennifer Britton Potentials Realized
Photo compliments of GeekPhilosopher.com

We will never know what lies around the corner, but without a map how will we know where we are going?

Creating a vision for what we want in our life or work is a very powerful process. Visions allow us to form the terrain we want to live, work and play in, as well as providing us with markers to gauge how we are going on our journey.

Ask yourself, "If I had unlimited resources and knew that I would succeed, I would ....."?

What would you do? Quit your job and open a new business, take the trip you've always wanted, work from your favorite location 6 months of the year, move to the Caribbean?

These things are all possible - in fact, I've done or do these all...and by having a clear vision on what I see as possible for my life, it has happened.

Here's a short exercise: Set aside 15 minutes today, a time when you can be quiet and uninterrupted. If you have a journal you may want to use this, if you don't get out some new paper.

Ask yourself, what do I want my life to look like 20 years from now? 10 years from now? 5 years? 1 year? Six months from now? What would I be doing if I knew that I could succeed.

Write or draw whatever comes to mind. You may find that it's easier to write/draw about what you envision your life to be like 20 years from now, while others may prefer the shorter timeframe.

Throughout the Your Balanced Life! programs, I spend a lot of time supporting individuals to create a clear vision on what's possible in their life. Maybe it is a promotion, a new home, a new car. Time and time again, I am excited and amazed at how these big and bold visions do come true.

Are you ready to create yours?

Jennifer

I would love to hear your comments on the process, and would love to have you join me this weekend on the Your Balanced Life Virtual Retreat. We're starting at 10am on Satruday morning (October 28th) and we will be spending a lot of time creating our vision, through play and discovery. For more information or to register, please give me a call toll free at 1-866-217-1960.

Jennifer Britton
Potentials Realized

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home