Your Balanced Life!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Work Life Balance Tip - Awaken Your Senses

Work Life Balance Tip – Spend an Hour in A Bookstore or Music Store

An hour spent in a bookstore or music store can awaken the senses. Are you a visual learner (someone who learns by seeing) or an auditory learner (someone who learns by hearing)?

Here’s a challenge for you this week, designed to awaken your senses: spend an hour in a bookstore, a music store or prehaps a museum. Spend time browsing, and soaking in what is contained there. Leaf through your favorite artist or author, and spend some time checking out areas you normally would not. Notice what you are drawn to.

At the end of the hour, ask yourself:

What did I notice about myself as I browsed?

What was I attracted to?

What did I discover?


If you are not near a bookstore, in conjunction with Amazon, I’ve set up an online bookstore dedicated to resources for work-life balance, organization, creativity and other topics we cover in this blog. You can find this at http://astore.amazon.com/yourbalancedlife-20 I hope that you may find some books that pique your interest.

Enjoy it!

Jennifer
Jennifer Britton, CPCC, CHRP, CPT
Potentials Realized

Join me this weekend for a six hour Virtual Retreat - Saturday February 17th from 10-4 pm (EST). The Your Balanced Life! Virtual Retreat is designed to provide you with the opportunity to refocus, relax and recharge, while looking at and commiting to more balance in your life. You can retreat from your home or office, as we will be retreating virtually, using a telephone conference line to connect. In addition to the virtual retreat day, you will also receive an individual coaching session with me, and a group follow up call one month after the retreat. Space is limited -- only 6 spaces remain! The cost for the virtual retreat package is $97 US. To register email me at jennifer[at]potentialsrealized[dot]com or call me toll free at 1-866-217-1960. You can also pay by PayPal and view more information about the retreat here at my Group Coaching Essentials website.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home