Your Balanced Life!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Work Life Balance Tip : Take Action

How much time do you spend putting off activities rather than just doing it? This week’s work-life balance tip is all about taking action. I spent a few days last week holed away (well, not really – I was working lake side free of distractions from family members) just “doing it” and taking action. All those big and little things that I had been putting off because I didn’t have enough time.

And what happened? I got through about 60% of my list. I didn’t get the 100% done but I sure feel lighter.

What do you need to do to just take some action? To clear those things off your to do list? Is it to hire some help to look after your home? To take a few days of personal time?

Here’s a challenge – carve out at least one day this month to just tackle all those things on your list. At the end of the day, take a look at what’s left and ask yourself:
1. Do I really need to do this, or can I put it in my not to do list?
2. What additional resources and support do I need to complete the tasks that were left over?
3. Are any of these tasks larger than I thought? If so, how can I break it down into smaller pieces?

At the end of the day, make sure you celebrate your achievements. I did just that last week, watching the sun set over the lake with a wonderful glass of wine in my hand!

Have a balanced week,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CHRP, CPT
Potentials Realized
90 Day Your Balanced Life! Program
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960
Email: jennifer{at}potentialsrealized{dot}com

Save the Date! Join me on Monday August 27th from 8-9pm for this month's balance call. We'll be talking about Powerful Time Management Tools. No cost to attend other than your long distance charges. Bridgeline information can be obtained by sending me an email with "Time Management Tools" in the subject line. I look forward to having you join me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home