Your Balanced Life!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What do you need to declutter?

Last week I was teaching an introductory orientation course for post-secondary students. We spent a lot of time talking about time management in the context of returning to school as a mature student and also as someone who is changing careers. One common theme that came out of the discussions was the need to DECLUTTER!

What do you need to declutter? What's getting in your way? Is it putting away those 2005 receipts and financial information (for tax time)? Is it going through those summer clothes that really won't make it to this year? Is it clearing through the papers on your desk that never seem to make it out of the filing tray?

One of the top tens tips I share for enhancing balance in your life when I undertake speaking engagements about work-life balance is to declutter. This morning I practiced what I preach, and spent half an hour sorting out my 2006 financial receipts, and getting things in order for the new year. It left me with a clear mind on the financial side.

I always say, spending some time to clear things away will open up space for new things to come in. And guess what? As soon as those financial receipts were away, two companies called me this morning with some new corporate seminars to run. It really works!

So what do you need to declutter today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home