Your Balanced Life!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Support Structures for Goals


Welcome to Day 19 of the 30 Day Challenge. We've passed the mid-way mark -- how are things coming with your goals?


Today's post is about support structures. When we work to make changes in our lives, they often do not stick because we don't build support structures around our changes. What support could you put in place to make your new action stick?

Support structures can take a number of forms - from building in some time for daily planning, to getting additional help with household chores, to waking up a little earlier or going to bed a little earlier.

One of the support structures I have put in place to support my writing goal is to not check email so frequently. With emails coming in on a very frequent basis with my work, I have now set aside some time first thing in the morning to go through the emails that are urgent, and I am training myself to check them strategically throughout the day. This is giving me more time to be focused on what's really important in the day.

What's one thing you can do today to put your support structure into place?


Jennifer
Jennifer Britton, CPCC, CHRP, CPT
Email: jennifer[at]potentialsrealized[dot]com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I have been putzing around this morning avoiding work and yes; checking e-mail.
    Back to what's important this morning.
    Thanks Jennifer!
    Simon

    By Blogger Simon, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home