Your Balanced Life!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Work Life Balance Tip - Do something spontaneous

Work Life Balance Tip - Do something spontaneous
Copyright 2007 - Jennifer Britton

Prehaps it's the longer evenings we are having, signalling the end of winter, but lately I've been reflecting a lot on some of the routines I created for myself during the winter months. What ruts have you been in lately? What routines are you holding onto, no matter what, whether they are serving you or not?

This week's work life balance tip is on doing something spontaneous. I'm not advocating something necessarily extreme, but something small and spontaneous you can do to make a change to your routine.

One of my newer routines for spring is to make it to the Y on Saturday morning for a quick morning workout in the pool. I'm usually an early riser, conditionned from waking with the sun every morning for more than 10 years when I lived in the Caribbean. I love the feel of getting a head start on the day, and getting some exercise in at the start of my weekend gives me an extra burst, as well as permission to take it easier and unwind for the rest of the weekend.

I found an interesting chemistry definition for the word "spontaneous" the other day that I wanted to share with you in closing:

"Spontaneous processes do not require work to be done in order to occur. A reaction is said to be spontaneous if it is possible." ibchem.com/root_htm/defn/gloss.htm

What can you do today that is spontaneous? What's possible for you?

Have a balanced week,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, CPCC, CHRP
Potentials Realized
Your Balanced Life! 90 Day Group Coaching Program

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home