Your Balanced Life!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Work Life Balance Tip - Focus


This week's work life balance tip is on focus. By focus, I mean focus on the task at hand. I was reminded about this important tip last night as Hellen Buttigieg and I facilitated the first evening of our Get Organized! Virtual Retreat.

We live in a world today of multi-tasking, being bombarded by email, the phone, and many other distractions. How often do you truly focus on just what's at hand?

I'd like you to try a little exercise in the coming days. Take a task that you really want to accomplish (something that can be done in say a couple of hours or less), and for that time, just focus on the task at hand. Turn off the phone, unplug the Blackberry, and just focus on the task at hand. I'd be interested in hearing how you find the experience. Did it go quicker? Was it easier than you had expected?

For those of you who are business owners, you may want to visit this other post I wrote earlier this year at my BizToolkit blog - The Power of Focus.


Take time this weekend and next week to focus at the task at hand. What's it like?


With best wishes,
Jennifer


Jennifer Britton, CPCC, CHRP, CPT
Potentials Realized
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960
Email: jennifer[at]potentialsrealized[dot]com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home